Drain/Sewer Repair & Installation Services in League City, Texas
Clogged drains are much more than a simple annoyance. When a home’s drain system is becoming clogged, this is a sign of underlying problems that need to be addressed right away. If your home is experiencing drain issues, we will get to the root of the problem. Call us now for drain/sewer repair & installation in League City, Texas.
Signs Your Home Has a Drain Clog Problem
Dealing with drain clogs can be a nightmare for homeowners. They are especially challenging to handle when the problem occurs without warning. The following are some of the signs homeowners can look for to determine if they have a drain problem that needs to be addressed.
One of the telltale signs people notice with their failing drain system is slow drains. If your drains are draining ineffectively, you may notice water backing up in the sinks, tubs, or showers. Over time, soap scum, food, and hair can build up in the lines and cause blockages.
We recommend regular drain cleaning services to remove stubborn clogs and even prevent them from occurring. Even if a homeowner does not notice signs of problems, they should seek drain and sewer services in League City, Texas annually.
No matter how tempting, do not use drain cleaners to take a DIY approach. These cleaners are caustic and rarely effective. In fact, homeowners will often notice the clogs worsen or pipe damage occurs as a result of using these cleaners for drain repair.
Gurgling sounds when your drain lines are draining is not normal. Homeowners may notice these noises inside their pipes when water is draining from the sink or tub. Gurgling sounds may also occur when washing machines or dishwashers are draining.
If homeowners notice this sign, they need to call us for sewer repair & installation. Ignoring the gurgling sounds will not make them go away. Waiting too long to seek repairs will only cause the problem to worsen over time.
Foul odors can emanate from a drain when clogs occur. You will especially find this issue in kitchen drains because of food. Bad odors can occur in any drain. Should homeowners notice this sign, they should call us immediately. With our dedicated drain cleaning services, foul odors are eliminated, and drains begin to flow normally.
Unexplained Puddles in the Yard
If you have unexplained puddles in the yard, it is important to take action. Normally, this issue represents a problem with your sewer line. When the sewer line becomes compromised, leaks will begin to occur. You may notice odors or only pooling water. Homeowners may also see lush green grass growth in a specific area of their yards.
Do Not Flush These Down the Drain
We like to educate our customers on the dangers of putting items down the drain. No matter how tempting, you should never flush anything down the toilet or sink. Avoid flushing the following down your drains.
- Do not flush medications because the chemicals found in them can get into the water supply. Dispose of all medications properly.
- While they may seem harmless, coffee grounds can build up in your drain lines over time, leading to major clogs. Avoid sending them down the drain. Instead, throw them in the trash.
- You should also never flush feminine hygiene products or cotton balls. Both of these can quickly clog your drain lines and cause problems.
- There are rules and regulations about flushing paint down the sink. Doing so can cause chemicals to be released into the water system. These chemicals are dangerous and can make people quite ill.
- Grease is not something anyone should put down the drain. Grease is one of the primary causes of major clogs in drain lines. Fat forms large clumps that attract toilet paper, paper towel bits, and food particles, creating large clogs.
- Although tempting, do not send eggshells down the garbage disposal. It is best to throw them in the trash. When you grind them in the garbage disposal, the small pieces can attach themselves to grease and hair, causing major drain clogs to develop in the lines.
Rely On Us For Your Drain Cleaning Needs
Dealing with drain clogs can be highly stressful for homeowners. We are available to help you with these issues and offer professional and courteous services when you need us most. Call today to schedule your drain cleaning appointment right away.
Here at Island Mann Plumbing & Drain Cleaning LLC, we are committed to helping our customers keep their plumbing systems operating efficiently. We first opened our doors in 2012, and take pride in serving the plumbing needs of homeowners in League City, Texas and surrounding areas.